World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Order of Parfaite Amitié

Article Id: WHEBN0023311228
Reproduction Date:

Title: Order of Parfaite Amitié  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Orders, decorations, and medals of Imperial Germany
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Order of Parfaite Amitié

The Order of Parfaite Amitié (German: Orden de Parfaite Amitié) is a dynastic order of knighthood and a house order of chivalry in the Princely House of Thurn and Taxis.

History

The Order was created during the reign of Alexander Ferdinand, 3rd Prince of Thurn and Taxis as the supreme order of the princely house. Karl Anselm, 4th Prince of Thurn and Taxis then reformed the Order and was able to formally transmit the Order to descendants to this day. With the abolition of the principalities of the Confederation of the Rhine by the acts of 12 July 1806, the Order's value became related to the dynasty, and is be given to members who have turned 18 years of age.

Design

The Order's medal consists of a golden eight-pointed Maltese cross in white enamel. Within the arms of the cross is located a tower and an upright lion, the symbol from the coat of arms of the House of Thurn and Taxis. In the shame arm of the cross are engraved the words VINCULUM AMICITAE (Latin: chain of friendship). In the medallion are the initials CA (Carl Anselm). Marked blue-enamelled medallion with the letters or TW Since 1928, the initial A (Albert).

Men wear the decoration around their neck with sky-blue band. A copy of the Order is in the treasury at the museum at St. Emmeram's Abbey in Regensburg.

References

  • Dr. Kurt Gerhard Klietmann: Ordenskunde – Beiträge zur Geschichte der Auszeichnungen Nr. 1, Verlag Die Ordens-Sammlung, Berlin 1958
  • J.B. Mehler: Das fürstliche Haus Thurn und Taxis in Regensburg, Habbel-Verlag, Regensburg 1898
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Hawaii eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.