Chaldean catholic metropolitan archdiocese of tehran

The Chaldean Catholic Metropolitan Archdiocese of Tehran (Latin: Archidioecesis Teheranensis Chaldaeorum) is a church in Tehran. The Church was erected in 1853 in the city of Sanandaj, Iran for the Iranian Christian Senaya.[1] In 1944, the archdiocese moved to Tehran, the capital of Iran and on 16 March 1971 the Archdiocese of Sehna (Chaldean) name changed to the Archdiocese of Tehran (Chaldean).[2]

Archbishops

  • Girolamo Simeone Kashat † (Ordained Bishop on 7 September 1857)
  • John (Youhanna) Nissan† (12 May 1914 - 20 April 1937)
  • Abraham Elias, C.M. † (Appointed 6 September 1938 - Died 15 February 1940)
  • Joseph Sheikho † (Appointed 22 May 1944 - Retired 7 Mar 1970)
  • Youhanna (John) Semaan Issayi † (Succeeded 7 Mar 1970 - Died 7 Feb 1999)
  • Ramzi Garmou (Succeeded 7 Feb 1999 - ) [2]

Diocesan properties

  • Mart Maryam (Virgin Mary) Church located in the Aqa Zaman district (turned into historical building)
  • Pahlavi School, built in 1916 in the Aqa Zaman district
  • Sharif Abad Garden (Amiryeh Park) located at Abidar mountain
  • Public Bathe located in the Aqa Zaman district (now Namak district)

The Christian Community of Sanandaj gradually migrated to Tehran during the years of 1960 to 1968, lived in the same district of Agha Zaman (now Namak) and frequently visit Sanandaj as their birthplace.

There are still some of the Christian Houses of early 1900 intact and in use today. The Pahlavi School is no longer there as it has been destroyed for a main street in the recent development.

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.